Endometriosis: symptoms and treatment of the disease
What is endometriosis? Symptoms and treatment can be very different. This is a disease in which the endometrium expands outside the uterus. Symptoms largely depend on the degree and form of the disease. In addition, in some cases, it is asymptomatic. What are the symptoms of endometriosis? And the treatment of this disease - how is it going?
Endometriosis: Symptoms and Treatment
Basically, the disease manifests itself in the following:
- pain of varying intensity in the lumbar region and lower abdomen;
- increased pain during sexual intercourse, as well as during menstruation;
- pain that gives to the rectum;
- various violations of the menstrual cycle (brown discharge 1-3 days before menstruation and after);
- plentiful and long periods;
- spotting in the period between periods;
- symptoms of intoxication may occur, such as vomiting, nausea, weakness, chills, fever, ESR, high white blood cell count). So, figured out what the symptoms of endometriosis.And the treatment takes place in various ways. Read about them further.
Endometriosis is treated conservatively (with the help of drugs) or operatively. Treatment can also be combined when both methods are combined. Long-term hormone therapy is prescribed as a conservative treatment. Such oral contraceptives as Logest, Zhanin, Regulon, Diane-35 are used. The surgical method is resorted to in the case when hormone therapy is powerless or in certain forms of endometriosis. The most commonly used method is laparoscopy. Usually, surgical treatment is combined with a conservative one.
Treatment of endometriosis with leeches
In addition to the above methods of treatment, there are other, alternative. For example, hirudotherapy - treatment with leeches. The effectiveness of this method is due to point effects, as well as the special composition of leech saliva. It has antibacterial and analgesic properties, prevents the formation of blood clots. Usually in the treatment of endometriosis is carried out from 7 to 10 sessions. 5-6 leeches are put on the back area.This method is very effective, but do not forget that it is impossible to cure endometriosis only with the help of leeches.
Treatment of endometriosis with homeopathy
Another alternative treatment for this disease is homeopathy. As you know, one of the causes of this disease is a hormonal disorder. And it occurs due to a disease of the thyroid gland. The homeopath individually selects drugs that help to establish hormonal metabolism. Usually, electropuncture diagnostics is used to select a drug. It helps to correctly select each patient the drugs that will help eliminate hormonal imbalance within a few months. And after six months, the symptoms of endometriosis disappear altogether. Homeopathic treatment is popular in that it is not expensive, but rather harmless and effective.