Hotel Boix Mar 3 * (Spain / Costa Brava / Blanes): photos, room description, service, tips and tourist reviews
In the review below, we will discuss one of the budget Spanish hotels located in the Costa Brava - Boix Mar 3 *. By European standards, the hotel is considered a three-star. His rating, judging by the reviews, is 4.55 points over the past two years. Holidays here are focused on economical and not too demanding tourists who come to Spain to spend their holidays on the beach and excursions.
Description of the complex
The hotel is considered a city hotel. It consists of one eleven-story building and a small cozy area adjacent to it. The complex was built over forty years ago, but in 2002 it was reconstructed and renovated.
“Box Mar” has a good location, it stands on the beautiful Costa Brava in a beautiful and clean area. The distance from the hotel building to the beach is about 60 meters.The central part of the city of Blanes can be reached on foot (about one kilometer away). Air harbors are also located close to the complex: the distance to Girona airport is 40 km, and Barcelona is 75 km away.
Number of rooms
In total, Boix Mar 3 * has 111 comfortable rooms of different categories:
- 98 standard rooms designed to accommodate three people;
- 8 small rooms for one person;
- 5 family rooms in which the family of four tourists freely accommodates.
Each room has:
- air conditioning;
- bathroom with shower;
- hair dryer;
- safe (for a fee);
Cleaning and change of towels in the room is done daily. Pastel linen is changed twice a week.
Services and infrastructure
The hotel complex has a developed infrastructure and high-quality unobtrusive service.
On the territory of Boix Mar 3 * (Spain) is located:
- two outdoor pools;
- Children's swimming pool;
- sun terrace;
- a restaurant;
- salons for rest;
- TV area;
- currency exchange point.
- the Internet;
- car rental;
- bicycles for rent;
- doctor services;
- tennis court;
- mini golf;
- Ping pong;
- table tennis;
- slot machines.
A short walk from the hotel is the sandy municipal beach called Playa de Sabanell. For a fee, you can rent umbrellas, mattresses and deck chairs.
In their reviews of Boix Mar 3 *, tourists note that the food at the hotel is decent, it is consistent with the stated hotel category. The main meals are held here in the restaurant, which works on the principle of a buffet. Tours can be purchased with different catering arrangements: breakfast, half board, full board and without meals.
There is also a bar on site, which offers a variety of refreshments for a fee.
Holidaymakers with children
For families who are going to spend their holidays in Boix Mar 3 * with children, it will be useful to know that there is a playground and a swimming pool on its territory. Also on request here provide a cot, the restaurant has special high chairs. For a fee, you can use the services of a nanny. There is no special entertainment for young travelers.
Reviews of hotel Boix Mar 3 * (Spain, Costa Brava)
Recently, many tourists, before deciding on a hotel for accommodation for the duration of their holidays, are studying reviews on the Internet. If you look at this hotel through the eyes of travelers who have already visited it, you can draw the following conclusions:
Positive sides of the hotel
- The main advantage of the complex is that it is located in close proximity to the sea. That is why many beach holiday lovers often opt for it. Judging by the words of tourists, the road from the hotel to the beach takes no more than ten minutes. The beach itself, despite being municipal, is fairly clean and well maintained. The sea is calm, slightly salty, very clean, comfortable entry into the water. In the beach area, you can safely sit near the water on your towel, or for a little money (6 euros) to rent a deck chair.
- Another positive feature of the hotel, many consider the view from the windows. Almost all rooms overlook the beautiful mountains, and from the balcony you can admire stunning sunsets every day, as well as rooms with sea views.
- The complex has a good location. In the area of the hotel there are many shops with clothes, food and souvenirs.The city center, where the mass of entertainment, can be reached in 20 minutes walking pace. Near the building there is a bus stop.
- Judging by the reviews, in Boix Mar 3 * (Spain) there is a very pleasant, hospitable and helpful staff. All employees communicate well in English, there are also Russian speakers.
- Cleaning unobtrusive, passes every day. Happy daily change of towels.
- As for food, everything is trivial, no frills. Breakfast is standard: cereal, toast, eggs, sausage, almost no vegetables. Dinners are more diverse: meat, fish, chicken, vegetables, fruits, ice cream. The most delicious, according to many travelers - dinners. There is no kitchen at the hotel, food is imported, therefore late meals. Conveniently, dinner can be replaced by lunch, and vice versa.
- Of the minuses, guests emit the lack of a refrigerator in the hotel rooms. For many tourists, this is a significant problem.
- Many do not like the insufficient area of the rooms. The rooms are very crowded, barely enough space to put the suitcase. Furniture requires replacement.
- The bar has free Wi-Fi, but with a terrible signal. The rest of the hotel’s Internet is charged, but the signal is good.
- There are complaints about the work of elevators.There are two of them in the hotel, but they are going very slowly, which is why queues often gather on the first floor.
With regard to the cost of trips to Boix Mar 3 *, then it may be affected by many factors, ranging from the selected date of arrival and ending with the type of food chosen. If we take the average prices, then a tour to the hotel for seven days with a flight will approximately cost about 60 thousand rubles for two without meals. The same tour with meals "breakfast + lunch" will cost 8 thousand more. You can relax in a couple for ten days, choosing full board, you can for 80-85 thousand.
In addition, when planning a holiday in Spain, it is worth considering that when visiting this country, tourists need a visa, which costs about 6,000 rubles.
In general terms, we can say that Boix Mar 3 * is a decent Spanish budget hotel a few steps from the clear and warm sea, which will be an excellent place for a relaxing family holiday.
A bit about what to do in Blanes
Blanes is considered the most ancient city of the Costa Brava and there is certainly something to see and do in it.
In the southern and more developed part of the city, you can just walk all day long and admire the magnificent landscapes of the conifer Promenade, lush gardens, amazing beaches.Almost every beach on the Costa Brava is awarded a blue flag, there are fantastic views, beautiful sea, clean sand. For tourists with children in the city there is a great beach called San Francesc. It is located surrounded by pine trees, equipped with many playgrounds and has a gentle descent into the water.
Tourists are advised to start exploring local sights with San Juan Castle, which dominates the scenery of the town. The castle was built in the XIII century and impresses with its beauty and grandeur. It is best to admire the ancient construction from the island, located off the coast of the city. Near the castle is located the chapel of St. Barbara, which also deserves attention.
On the tourist train, which runs through the city, you can get to the botanical garden, which is very popular among tourists. In addition to the garden by train, you can reach several more medieval sights.
From entertainment in Blanes worth noting the ships that bring travelers to Tossa and Lloret and the water park "Marineland", which is usually visited by families with children. It is worth noting that a free bus runs from Boix Mar 3 * to the water park.
Also, resting here, you must make time to visit the nearest famous cities - Barcelona, Catalonia, Gerona. Being in Spain, these cities can not be ignored.