How to distinguish bleeding from menstruation independently?
All women know that menstruation is a natural phenomenon that should not be feared or feared. But what to do if the lady is not sure that it was precisely “women's days” that began? What if it's bleeding? This article is about this and will be discussed: how to distinguish bleeding from menstruation.
First of all, you need to understand the concepts that will be used in the article. What is menstruation? This is a monthly bleeding that is an essential part of every woman's menstrual cycle. At this time, along with the blood, the exfoliated epithelium leaves, which spreads the uterus in anticipation of conception. In turn, bleeding - the most dangerous phenomena that indicate pathologies in the female reproductive system (we are talking about uterine bleeding).
Causes of bleeding
Before considering how to distinguish bleeding from menstruation, you need to say a few words about what can cause uterine blood loss.
- Abortions and abortions.
- Inflammatory processes of the female genital organs.
- Tumors and neoplasms in the uterus, ovaries.
- Infection and intoxication.
Symptoms and signs
So, how to distinguish bleeding from menstruation? To do this, you need to thoroughly understand what exactly happens to the female body. The lady bleeding, not menstruation, if:
- The volume of selected blood is quite large (exceeds the norm in 80 ml). In this case, the woman replaces the gasket for more than 8-10 times per day.
- Bleeding does not stop throughout the week.
- There are failures in the menstrual cycle (its duration is less than 21st and more than 35 days).
- The spotting began after menopause.
- Blood appeared after intercourse.
If at least one of the points is observed in a woman, it is imperative to seek medical advice. After all, bleeding can be an alarming bell and mean that the body is not all right.
How to determine: monthly or bleeding in a woman? It is necessary to follow the sensations. What happens to the lady during menstruation is clear. What can happen to the girl's body during bleeding?
- There may be weakness in the whole body.
- Fatigue is possible even from the simplest of activities.
- The complexion may become pale.
If the ladies have bleeding during menstruation, then the following features can also be observed:
- Nails become brittle, pale.
- Begin to over-fall hair.
- Monthly become irregular.
- There may be bleeding between periods.
Bleeding and monthly
Understanding how to distinguish bleeding from menstruation, it should also be said that in medical practice there is the concept of bleeding during menstruation. So, allocate:
- Menorrhagia. Very plentiful and rather long periods.
- Metrorrhagia. This is an irregular bleeding that may appear between menstruation.
- Manometrorrhagia. This is an irregular, but rather long bloody discharge.
- Polymenorrhea. In this case, the monthly begin earlier than 21 days from the date of the end of the previous discharge.
It is also necessary to talk about what is implant bleeding, how to distinguish it from menstruation. First of all, it is necessary to deal with the concept itself. In this case, bleeding may occur due to the introduction of a fertilized egg in the thickness of the endometrium prepared and lined in the uterine cavity.This may cause minor damage to the blood vessels, which will cause a little blood loss. What can you say about the timing? Thus, this process occurs in the body of the woman presumably 5-7 days before the onset of menstruation and is often perceived by women as a sign of the onset of menstruation.
What exactly is the difference?
How to distinguish menstruation from implant bleeding? What do you need to know?
- The duration of bleeding. Implantation does not last long, from several hours to days.
- Intensity. It is worth saying that the implantation discharge is just called bleeding. In fact, there is a very small loss of blood, which is significantly inferior to menstrual flow. To maintain hygiene, you need only a daily lining.
- Colour. How to distinguish menstruation from bleeding that occurs during implantation? Just look at their color. Such discharge has a pinkish or yellowish tint, only blood streaks can be observed.
- Feel. During attachment of the egg, a woman may feel weak pulling pains in the lower abdomen or the so-called "bursting".
- Temperature. If a woman watches the basal temperature, she should know that during the implantation of the egg the temperature will fall below 37 degrees, and then sharply soar upwards.
What can be concluded? How to understand: monthly or bleeding that occurs during the attachment of a fertilized egg to the endometrium, in a lady? It's all very simple. In case of implantation bleeding, a woman loses very little blood, while the duration of discharge is usually a couple of hours and is not accompanied by pain.
It is also important to tell women about how to distinguish menstruation from bleeding that may occur in the postpartum period. First of all, it must be said that there can be no monthly for 60 days after delivery. It is also worth remembering for the ladies that, regardless of how the childbirth went through - naturally or through a caesarean section, the young mother will have some discharge called lochia. In the first ten days, they will go with blood, then acquire a blood-like color and at the very end will become yellowish-white. However, in this case, every woman should know that lochia should be able to be distinguished from bleeding. When should we begin to sound the alarm and seek medical help?
- If lochia are scarlet even on the 5th day of the birth of the child.
- If there are additional symptoms, such as chills, fever.
- If the sanitary pad of the mother who just gave birth is soaked in an hour.
- If a lot of clots come out with secretions.
- If after the end of lohii the ladies again began bloody scarlet discharge.
- If postpartum discharge has an unpleasant odor.
In any case, if a woman is worried about something in the postpartum period, you should definitely consult a doctor for advice. This is the only way to maintain health.
What to do?
Having figured out the difference between bleeding from menstruation, it is also worth a few words to say about how to stop too heavy menstruation. What can be done for this without using drugs?
- You need to drink plenty of water (non-carbonated).
- During heavy periods you need more rest.
- Not recommended sports, exercise.
- At this time, a woman is better not to lift weights.
- Also it is not necessary during the menstruation to visit the bath, including the steam room.
- We must abandon the use of alcoholic beverages, as well as coffee.
To reduce bleeding, a cool heating pad should be applied to the stomach. However, it should be kept no more than 15 minutes, otherwise you can catch a cold.
Having considered how to recognize bleeding (it differs from menstruation in that the portions of blood are the same), it is also necessary to tell you that you can get rid of this problem with various drugs. What, then, is recommended to use?
- The drug "Ditsinon." It is prescribed most often for 5 days before the beginning of menstruation, in order not to stop, but to prevent bleeding.
- The drug "Vikasol." Most often administered intramuscularly with the drug "Oxytocin".
- Medicine "Tranexam". The drug is the last generation. However, it must be used carefully, as it can cause blood clots in certain diseases.
It is also good to take certain vitamins:
- Ascorbic acid.
- Drugs that contain iron (after all, there is a deficiency in blood loss).
- Vitamins of groups A and B.
Folk hemostatic agents
We fully considered how to distinguish bleeding (it differs from menstruation by the characteristic features described above).Now it’s worth a few words to say that you can try to stop the blood and too much menstruation with the help of folk remedies.
- Nettle. To stop the bleeding, you need to drink half a cup of nettle broth five times a day. To prepare it, you need a tablespoon of grass, pour a glass of boiling water, boil everything for 10 minutes and let it brew. It must be said that this infusion will not only reduce blood loss, but also perfectly regulate the menstrual cycle.
- You can also take nettle juice. However, not in pure form. It should be diluted with water (one teaspoon per 50 ml of water). This medicine is taken 20 minutes before meals.
However, it should be said that nettle increases blood clotting. Therefore, without fear it can not be used by everyone.
Having considered all the options for how to determine if a woman is having monthly or bleeding, it is also worth a few words to say about how you can still stop uterine bleeding without medication. To do this, you can use an orange. How to prepare medicine from this citrus? It is necessary to take the peel from 5-6 oranges, pour it with one and a half liters of boiling water and cook until half a liter of water remains. In the decoction, if desired, add sugar.Take it should be three times a day, 4 teaspoons.
Water pepper grass
To prepare a hemostatic medication, you need to take one tablespoon of this herb, pour one glass of boiling water and give it all a good brew. Take the medicine should be one tablespoon three times a day. This tool can be used for discharge after childbirth, during heavy menstruation, as well as for uterine bleeding.
Well, another great plant from which to prepare a hemostatic agent is viburnum.
Recipe 1.You need to take the juice, squeezed out of these berries, mix it with sugar (one liter will need two kg of sugar). Three tablespoons of the medicine are taken three times a day with water.
Recipe 2.Four spoons of dry berries of viburnum should be poured half a liter of boiling water. Put all this in a thermos and insist. A daily dose of medication will be ready. It should be divided into three equal parts and taken before breakfast, lunch and dinner.
Recipe 3.You can prepare alcoholic extract of viburnum bark. To do this, it should be collected in early spring, dried according to all the rules in the open air (not in the sun).It can be used for uterine bleeding, with the threat of miscarriage or irregular menstrual cycle.
Recipe 4.It is also good for bleeding to take liquid extract of viburnum berries. The dosage should be no more than 25-30 drops per day.