How to make a crossbow at home. We make a mini-crossbow, crossbow of pencils and paper from their own hands
A copy of an ancient crossbow is a very interesting thing both in terms of appearance and when shooting from it. Now let's talk about how to make a crossbow at home, so that it looks like an ancient weapon. Nowadays there are many modern crossbows, but their cost is quite high, and I just want to hang a valid copy of an ancient crossbow on the wall in the bedroom.
Now we will step by step analyze what is needed to create a wooden crossbow. From the tools you need a little.
- Well honed knife.
Material preparation, or How to make a crossbow from wood
To make the product look and shoot like a real weapon, you need to make it out of suitable wood:
- Of ash.
- Maple trees.
These trees are perfect.
Crossbow consists of two main parts - bow and box. If you make a weapon with a capacity of up to 20 kilograms, you need to find an even branch, five centimeters thick, and a meter long. If the power of the crossbow is planned to be more than 20 kilograms, then it is better to take a blank with a thickness of 10 centimeters and a meter length. For the bed of the crossbow, choose a branch with a diameter slightly thicker than a blank for onions. If there are branches on the cut material, in no case can they be completely cut off. It is necessary to simply shorten them to the length ranged from three to five centimeters. If you cut the knots completely, they will immediately crack and the workpiece will be spoiled.
Drying Harvested Wood
Before you make a crossbow with your own hands, you need to ensure the material is gradually drying. To do this, you need to cover the saws with varnish so that the moisture does not come out too quickly through them. Sections on the knots also gloss over. If this is not done, the tree will crack due to the rapid evaporation, which is undesirable. After this, the blanks should lie for a month in a dry and dark place. The longer the tree dries, the better.
The material is ready, we can proceed. Let's start with the bow. Inspect the annual rings of the tree. Where they are thinner, the north side, so we need it. In this place the structure of the material is much denser. Now you need to cut the workpiece in half and for the product to take the north side. After everything is done, the tree must be given another week to lie down for the remaining moisture to come out.
Making a bow crossbow
We start making onions, during which we will see the structure of the tree and learn how to make a crossbow at home using ancient technologies. So, let's get started, you need to cut the layers of the tree, where its core is present. If you leave it, then there is a risk that longitudinal cracks will go. After we measure the middle of the bow and begin to cut off the excess material, making the bow. When processing it is necessary to ensure that his shoulders are the same. All the time we check for bending. As soon as the shoulders begin to bend at least a little, you need to make a test string.
The test string is a strong rope, on which there is one loop on one side and a few at different distances on the other. They are needed in order to measure the bow curve of the bow.The more material is cut off, the more they can be bent, while changing the loop to the near. Stretching the test string all the time, it is easy to track whether the bend is even after the onion has been processed. After all, if you look only visually, you can make a big mistake. The density of the tree is not the same in all places, so the seemingly perfect bow can be bent unevenly. Sometimes it happens that a thick section is a weak point, and a thinner one, on the contrary, does not bend. In order not to be mistaken, you need to constantly check onions. Only having studied all the nuances, you can make a working copy, understand how to make a crossbow with your own hands, and fully display the power and beauty of ancient weapons.
Making the crossbow box
In front of the bed you need to cut a two centimeter groove, where the bow will be located. After we mark 30 cm from the edge, on this surface there will be a string and an arrow. We align this plane if there are bends or branches on it. After you need to measure the place for the gutter with a thickness of 1 cm and a depth of 0.5 cm, then cut out the holes for the bow and the trigger mechanism. It is better to do it with a chisel or carpentry chisel, and in order to understand in detail how to make a crossbow, drawings to help.
Take a simple hook called a nut. This is a cylinder that rotates freely on an axis. On the one hand, there are hooks for the bowstring, on the other - an emphasis for the L-shaped trigger. If the crossbow is up to 30 kg of tightness, the descent may be wooden. However, if the power is greater, it should be made metallic.
Making a string
It is necessary to take a board and insert pegs 1 cm thick. They should protrude 3 cm. We wind a nylon thread around one another. When the thickness of all the threads will be about 5 mm, you need, without removing from the pegs, once wrap this skein in a circle so that all the threads are wrapped tightly. After that, near the peg we collect two halves of the string with our fingers and we wind it again, but already much more densely, until the next peg. So, we have a string with two loops. All to understand the scheme will help how to make a crossbow. Everything is very clear on it.
Putting a crossbow and stretching the string
First you need to attach the bow to the box, then mount the trigger, then tighten the string. Just because it does not pull, so you need to use the trial. Next you need to pull the crossbow. When the bow is bent, we hang a fighting string.After which the trial is removed. Everything, the ancient weapon is ready. Here's how to make a crossbow at home using only the simplest tools.
Making a toy mini crossbow
For entertainment at home with children or to fool around with friends, you can make a mini-crossbow of scrap materials. What is needed for this:
- Two wooden skewers.
- Joiner's tool or knife.
- Wooden clothespin.
Scheme, or How to make a mini-crossbow from the fact that you can easily find at home
- We take wooden skewers and cut off sharp ends from them. After that, we tie them together at the edges. It will be a crossbow bow.
- We take a bead, mark on it two segments equal to the length of the bow of our miniature weapon. After we cut off these two parts and join them together with scotch tape. This is a crossbow bed. Scotch bow on the front.
- After that, we stretch the bowstring on the crossbow.
- Pull it down and see how far to set the hook. They will serve as a clothespin, or rather, its spring and one half of the wooden part.
- On the bed of the crossbow cut the necessary grooves, so that it becomes instead of the missing part of the clothespin. Putting our hook.
- The crossbow is ready, we press on the clothespin from above, thereby unclenching it, we stretch the string with the boom and clamp it. For the shot again click on top.
We understood how to make a mini-crossbow, and now we can go ahead and create a weapon from pencils.
Create a crossbow from pencils
For this you need to take:
- Four pencils.
- Seven gum.
- Ball pen case.
- First you need to take the pencils and put them two together. You can use rubber bands or scotch. It will be a bow and a crossbow box.
- In front of the bed we wind onions from below.
- On top of the bed with a scotch tape we attach the body from the handle, this will be the guide for the boom. It can be made from the core of the same handle.
- Now we put on the ends of the bows on one elastic band, and we tie them to the edges with threads or tape to make a solid string. Now grab the string with the nested boom, launch it into the guide from the body of the handle and release.
Here's how to make a crossbow, from pencils, which perfectly shoots.
Let's start creating a paper crossbow
- A4 sheets - 9 pieces.
- Popsicle sticks - 4 pieces.
- Strong nylon thread.
How to make paper crossbow that will shoot with pencils?
- We lay in front of three sheets of paper longitudinally. Fold from left to right. Along the bend line cut in half. It turns out six sheets, the width of which is 10.5 cm, and the length is 29.7 cm. We divide them into two piles of three sheets.
- With the help of a pencil, we twist one and then the second stack of sheets into tubes. Their length should be 10.5 cm, and the diameter - a little thicker than a pencil. So that they do not unwind, fasten tape.
- We insert into one end of the tubes along the stick from the eskimo to one third of their length. Speaker break off. From the free side we insert a whole stick from the popsicle also by a third. These are the shoulders of the bow. Now you need to bend them in the center of the paper tubes in half.
- We take five more sheets of paper, twist them with a pencil, it will be a crossbow bed.
- To the resulting tube in the front we put on the shoulders of the bow. It is necessary to tie them evenly in front of the product box. Here's how to make a crossbow at home out of paper. Now he needs a hook, a trigger and a guide.
- We tie the thread to the shoulders of the bow and stretch it in order to understand where the hook will be. Having defined, we cut a bed through this place.After we cut off a piece of a stick, measuring 3-4 cm in size, we insert it into the hole so that it protrudes by 5 mm from above and the trigger is on the bottom.
- And the final touch. We make a tube 3 cm long, so that a pencil can easily pass into it, and tape it with a scotch in front of a crossbow over its bow. This is a stela guide. Everything, now you can pull the string, put in a guide, for example, a pencil and shoot.
Here we looked at making a copy of an ancient crossbow. However, it was also interesting to create throwing weapons from the materials at hand, as they say: on their knees. From the paper, even showed how to make a crossbow from pencils, and a mini-weapon that came out quite powerful for its size. So it’s worth looking at the world more broadly and always improvising, this is the only way to achieve excellent results in business worthy of admiration of people around them.
Make a crossbow with your own hands, you will not regret!