How to treat eczema?
Surely, each of the adults heard about thisskin disease as eczema, however, no one knows the exact causes of its occurrence. It is only known that this disease is most often hereditary in nature and occurs in people prone to allergies when they come into contact with substances. In this article we will consider how to treat eczema with medicament and folk remedies.
So, eczema is a chronic skin disease,which, during periods of exacerbation, usually occurs on the skin of the face, hands and feet. In severe disease (erythroderma) inflammation can affect the entire surface of the skin. In medicine, several types of eczema are distinguished: microbial, seborrhoeic, dishydrotic, true, professional, etc., with each type having its own characteristics and is a separate type of disease that can be diagnosed only by a doctor. Since the treatment depends entirely on the type of disease, on the severity of the course and even on the age of the patient, then it is impossible to give an unambiguous answer to the question of how to cure eczema.
The main signs of eczema
- Appearance on the skin of red, and in some cases bluish spots, which make the skin area visually thicker;
- The appearance of an inflammatory rash in the form of small bubbles, with the opening of which there are wounds and cracks;
- Constant skin itching;
- Along with the rash, the occurrence of increased body temperature;
- After the disappearance of spots, there is a loss of elasticity and dry skin, which can crack.
Complications of eczema
- In severe neglected cases, the mainthe disease can be added to bacterial infections and purulent inflammation of the skin, which are constantly wet and have an unpleasant putrefactive odor. Because of this inflammation, there is an increased body temperature and requires treatment in a hospital
- A dangerous complication of eczema is considered to be erythroderma, in which practically all areas of the skin become inflamed, which also requires urgent hospitalization.
Prevention of exacerbations
- Avoid contact with exposed irritants;
- Minimize contact with detergents and other detergents, and use gloves if necessary;
- Mainly give preference to clothes made of cotton fabrics;
- If eczema is of a professional natureit is necessary to change the sphere of activity, otherwise the acquired chronic disease will proceed with each time more and more sharply and sharply and inevitably lead to bacterial inflammation and putrefaction of the skin.
- Care must be taken to protect the skin from wind andcold, and in winter before going out to frost, it is necessary to use petroleum jelly or fat cream; during periods of remission, such creams as Bioderma, Ripeda, Lokobase, Topicrem, etc can be used for skin care;
- If eczema is of a psychological nature, thenit is necessary to avoid stress and take herbal preparations for valerian and other sedatives. In addition, patients with this type of eczema show a measured lifestyle and yoga;
- Strict adherence to the diet, which should avoid citrus, chocolate, excessively sharp, fatty and salty foods.
Than to treat an eczema
As noted above, each type of eczema requiresindividual approach and the most effective treatment can appoint only an expert, so to avoid complications, do not engage in self-medication, it is better to see a doctor as soon as possible. However, the main principles of treatment are:
- Detection of skin irritating substances and their complete exclusion from everyday life;
- Establish a correct diet;
- Application of ointments of local purpose, the choice of which depends on the type of disease;
- If necessary, the appointment of injections and other medications;
- At itching, the use of antihistamines such as Tavegil, Suprastin, and others;
Treatment of eczema with folk remedies
Such disease as eczema, treatment folkmeans quite admits, but it would be desirable to remind, that at application of any agent it is necessary to consult with the doctor, after all gathering of grasses should be selected strictly individually. Medicinal plants used for the treatment of this disease have antimicrobial, anti-inflammatory, healing, soothing and analgesic properties, they contribute to increasing immunity and resistance of the body to allergens.
- The beginning of treatment should begin with the separation of the crusts from the affected skin, using boiled vegetable oil.
- Herbs must be simultaneously applied externally (baths, washings, etc.) and inside.
- For washings and lotions, phyto-collections from equal parts are effective:
- flowers of mullein and chamomile, leaves of mint and plantain, althea root, berries or juniper needles, herbs of oregano, thyme and St. John's wort.
- bark of oak, flax seed, nettle, birch leaves, mint, wormwood, coriander fruits and bilberry shoots.
- For medical baths use: celandon horses, burdock or ayr roots and nettle with roots.
- one of these herbs pour cold, insist for 2 hours, boil for 20 minutes and pour into a bath, which is better to take at night.
Important point - after the bath the body does not need to be wiped.
How to treat dry eczema with folk remedies
- to reduce itching - a bath with drinking soda;
- to relieve the pain - rubbing the sea buckthorn oil or lotion from it;
- with cracks - rubbing a mixture of olive oil and chamomile;
- when dry, a lotion of yolk oil (from boiled eggs).
In fact, folk remedies for treatmentEczema exists very much and each of them to some extent can help, however, the use of folk remedies can not cancel the doctor's recommendations and prescribed treatment for them.