Meat with vegetables in a cauldron. Recipe. Uzbek cuisine
Meat with vegetables in a cauldron is a cuisine that is very popular all over the world. There are many ways to prepare it, and in our article we describe the most interesting.
Dumlama. Meat with vegetables in a cauldron
If you want to learn how to cook a real Uzbek dish, then you should pay attention to the technology of its preparation and strictly follow the instructions. How to prepare potatoes with meat and vegetables in a cauldron?
- Prepare one and a half kilograms of beef (ribs, back, or shoulder blade). It will be better if you take meat on a bone with a small amount of fat. Cut it into small pieces.
- Heat a five-liter cauldron on the fire, add oil to it, and then fry the beef until golden brown. To make the pieces not cooked, you can cook in pieces, and then re-connect them in a cauldron.
- 500 grams of white onion peel and cut into half rings. After that, lay it on the meat, cover the dish with a lid and simmer on the smallest fire for 20 minutes.
- Peel 700 grams of carrots, rinse them thoroughly, and then slice diagonally into rings. Put the prepared product in a cauldron and mix with the other ingredients.
- Season the dish with two teaspoons of jeera. At the same time, add to the products three tomatoes, sliced into half rings, and chopped Bulgarian pepper.
- Fill the dish with boiling water, dip in it peppers, two or three heads of garlic (remove only the top husks), a quince or a solid apple. When the water boils, reduce the heat and cook for Dumail for another 40 minutes.
- While the base is being prepared, peel one or two kilograms of potatoes. It is better to choose medium-sized tubers, so that you can cook them entirely. Put the potatoes in a cauldron, and on top cover it with leaves of fresh basil. Do not forget to salt the dish well.
- Close the cauldron with a lid, move it to the smallest burner and reduce the heat to minimum. Cook the dish for half an hour.
When the specified time has passed, you can open the lid and take out the garlic with hot pepper. Put the meat and sauce on the plates, add whole potatoes to them and serve the dish to the table.
Meat with vegetables in a cauldron on a fire
Uzbek kazan-kebab you can cook with your own hands at the cottage and please the guests with a delicious dish. To cook meat with vegetables in a cauldron, you need to do the following:
- Take one and a half kilograms of any meat and cut it into pieces. Put it in a bowl and season with two large pinches of salt, two teaspoons of Zira and hot pepper to taste. Leave the meat to marinate for an hour or two.
- Prepare a round Uzbek cauldron for use on a special stand. Please note that for cooking a regular bowler on the crossbar will not work. Having built a hearth, warm the cauldron on the fire well.
- Put on the bottom of the cauldron pieces of bacon and a few peeled potatoes that are needed to absorb excess fat and keep the meat from settling at the very bottom. Put the pieces of meat around the tubers (they should literally stick to the walls).
- Reduce heat and cover products with an appropriately sized bowl. Cook the meat in the next 30-40 minutes.
- When excess moisture is evaporated, and the pieces begin to hiss, remove the bowl and mix the contents of the cauldron.
- Peel two large onions from the husk, cut them into rings, knead them with your hands and wash in running water.Mix the prepared onion with a spoonful of lemon juice, hot peppers and chopped greens.
Put the ready kebab with the potatoes on a large dish, pour the sauce from the cauldron and garnish with pickled onions.
Here is another Uzbek recipe. Meat with vegetables you can easily cook yourself, even if there is not much culinary experience. For this you need:
- To lay out the bottom of the cauldron lamb lard, and lay on top of two kilograms of meat, cut into pieces. It is better to take the lamb marinated in olive oil and spices, but beef will do as well.
- Onions (as much as meat), peel and cut into rings. After that, put it in the cauldron and salt.
- Then you can put those vegetables that you have in stock. For example, whole potatoes, carrots, eggplants, peppers, zucchini and tomatoes. The order of the layers does not matter. Consider that the vegetables should be cut large, so that they do not turn into porridge.
- Season the dish with salt, spices, fresh herbs, basil leaves and hot pepper.
- Close the resulting construction of cabbage leaves and put the cauldron on the fire. Press down the contents with an airtight lid or bowl, and set the load on top.
In two hours a tasty dish will be ready.
Barbecue in a cauldron
Put into practice one more traditional Uzbek recipe. Meat with vegetables can be cooked in such an interesting way:
- A kilogram of lamb cut into small pieces and salt.
- 300 grams of white onion peel and cut into rings. After that, transfer it to a bowl and mix with cilantro or dill.
- Put in the cauldron alternately (in several layers) meat and onion mixture. Make sure that the products are laid no lower than the middle and no higher than two fingers.
- Add the penultimate layer with half a pod of hot pepper or ground hot pepper.
- Close the cauldron with a lid and place it on a small fire.
After three hours, the kebab will be ready, it can be served on the table with pickled onions.
How to cook stew with vegetables in a cauldron?
- Peel and chop 150 grams of onion.
- 400 grams of fat tail cut into a cube.
- 400 grams of by-products (lung, liver or heart) wash, chop and fry for 20 minutes.
- 600 grams of potatoes cut into small slices. And then lay it on the meat, season with salt and pepper.Fill the food with water (about 200 ml) and cook on low heat for another half an hour.
When meat with vegetables in a cauldron is ready, you can immediately serve it to the table.