Let's go to kindergarten: what should a child be able to do before visiting kindergarten?
The child goes to the kindergarten ... This is a matter of pride and, at the same time, the excitement of the parents, after all, there is an acquaintance with the teacher and classmates, getting used to the team and the kindergarten regime.
The situation is complicated by the fact that the beloved mommy, who is able to understand her precious child half-word and half-round, will not be near.
However, just worrying and worrying is not enough, mother’s and father’s task is to take all measures to prepare the child for preschool. But in order to do everything right, you need to know that a child must be able to prepare for kindergarten.
Before finding out what children should be able to do at kindergarten, it is necessary to determine the optimal age for the start of a visit to an educational institution.
- Up to 1.5 years.A kindergarten visit to a kid under one and a half years is not a good idea.First, a child at such a young age only needs a mother, he does not need peers yet. Secondly, in these years even a short separation from the mother is perceived by the crumb as a tragedy.
- In 2 years old.At this age, children are already beginning to be interested in their peers, but they still play side by side, not together. The child becomes accustomed to the conditions of the garden, but such an adaptation more closely resembles the humility of a doomed prisoner.
- In 3 years.A three-year-old child is already beginning to be interested in the company of peers and communication with them. In addition, the three-year-olds are striving for independence, therefore the adaptation crisis usually proceeds more easily.
- In 4 years.The nervous system of the baby is actively developing, so its behavior is unstable, which makes it difficult to get used to kindergarten. Experts recommend waiting out this time at home.
- By 5 years.Five-year-olds - usually active, friendly, seeking to communicate and interact with their peers. If the parents did not have time to identify the child in preschool, then you need to have time to do it now, because the baby is exactly ready for kindergarten conditions.
It is about him that we will talk, discussing the question of what the baby should be able to do when he starts attending a preschool institution.
What should the child know and be able to kindergarten?
In order for the child to feel more comfortable in kindergarten, and the adaptation process was as painless as possible, it is extremely important to understand what skills children should possess. This will help to tighten the baby on certain indicators, to pay more attention to unformed skills.
- It is very important that the child be physically developed in accordance with his age, have a sufficiently strong health. It is easy to understand by how rarely the kid is sick, how often he walks in the open air and, for example, he goes swimming.
- Adaptation will significantly accelerate if the newly-born kindergartener is quite independent in everyday life. Of course, the teacher and the nanny will definitely help the child, but it would be great if he at least strives for independence. Your baby should have the following self-care skills:
- the ability to use a spoon and fork (optional, but desirable);
- the ability to wash hands with soap without help;
- the ability to dress and take off clothes;
- the ability to walk on the pot, take off pants and pull them back.
- Another important indicator of readiness is developed communication skills. These concepts need to be understood as well-formed speech skills, a desire to communicate and play with groupmates, and the ability to make contact. Children should be able to:
- to ask an adult (still unfamiliar) person for help;
- play games with other children, play with them for at least 15 minutes;
- fulfill educational requests and instructions;
- understand that you need to share toys and other items with other children;
- play a little alone, enthrall yourself for a while.
Therefore, when determining the level of readiness of your child to the garden, do not forget that you need to focus not only on the average indicators, but also on the child's personality.
How to help the child?
Thus, children must learn a lot of difficult things for them before they can get used to kindergarten.It’s not always easy for a child to master all skills, so parents need to help him cope with various problems and teach many useful skills.
Psychologists advise preparing for the garden about 3-4 months before the start of the first campaign in the group. Adaptation in kindergarten in children goes in different ways, but those children adapt more quickly, who from early childhood were taught to be independent and encouraged their desire to do everything themselves.
1. We teach the child to dress-undress
Such skills should be formed by three years, but only if the adults have tried to teach the baby to pre-stretch unruly sleeves and legs. What do we have to do?
- It is important to encourage self-interest in dressing, for example, through praise of any insignificant attempt to dress in the home. The child himself pulls up his pants, getting off the pot? Be sure to praise. Already 15 minutes trying to fasten a button or wear socks? Do not rush, on the contrary, cheer up, not noticing the small blunders.
- It is necessary to teach the child to remove clothes in such a way that adults do not have to turn it over.It is no secret that children simply rip off tights, simultaneously turning them inside out. In addition, you should teach your crumbs to put clothes on the chair, and not to throw it at random.
- Do not forget to provide the child in front of the kindergarten easily removable and clothed clothing. A sweater with a wide neck in this situation is better than a turtleneck or a sweater, lightning is preferable to buttons. Get shoes with Velcro, laces should be abandoned.
2. Improving hygiene skills
The child should wash the pens as early as 2-3 years old, of course, at first it will be wet, and everything around will be splashed with water, but children's independence is much more important. Accuracy should be taught a little bit later.
- Children should enter the bathroom before each meal or after each trip to the pot. To teach your baby to wash pens, do the following:
- place a comfortable and safe bench next to the sink, hang a small towel so that the crumb can reach it;
- transform the learning process into an exciting game that will be accompanied by rhymes, rashes and songs, telling in a relaxed manner how to soap your hands, wash off the foam and wipe your fingers with a towel;
- Do not forget to express approval of the children's attempts, diligence.
- A child entering a preschool should be able to use a pot or a toilet. You need to teach him to take off his pants or panties, sit down in a pot, wipe his ass with paper. By the age of three, you must forget about diapers, even with long walks.
3. We learn the kid to eat independently
How to teach a child to eat with a spoon? Parents themselves must decide when to hand baby cutlery, focusing on his behavior and desire. If the crumb asks for a spoon, give it to her. Of course, at first porridge will be found everywhere, but then the baby will learn to direct it strictly in the mouth.
- It is important to teach the child to lean a little over the table so that he cannot smudge the surface of the table and his own shirtfront.
- Before kindergarten, the child should be able to use a napkin. Show him an example of handling this hygienic item, explain that paper napkins are needed for wiping pens and lips.
- A child should have a table and chair suitable for him in size, safe plates and cups. The cup must have a convenient grip handle.
- What is taught in kindergarten? Serve the table, including.Involve the child in serving, showing how to arrange the devices, lay napkins.
- Be sure to arrange family dinners and dinners, from which the child can learn how to hold a spoon or fork, wipe his face with a napkin.
4. We fix the skills in the game activity
Children will better perceive the skills obtained if they are submitted in a frivolous form. This rule is actively used in kindergarten, for which there is obvious evidence. Why do not you learn from educational experience?
- Going outside, read the kid simple poems that repeat each stage of the charges. Let the child happily perform complex tasks, it helps a lot in developing independence.
- Who said hand washing is the most boring thing? Fun podeshki should encourage the child to roll up their sleeves, lather their hands, and wipe them with a towel after a water treatment. And in the final you can pat, showing the quality of washing.
- You can repeat and consolidate the skills in the course of the plot-role-playing game. Having walked with a doll, the baby should wash her hands. During the "lunch" doll should eat with a spoon and wipe his mouth with a napkin.Putting the baby to sleep, the baby undresses and removes clothes from him, and after “sleeping” he dresses and goes outside.
- All these manipulations are impossible without a sufficient level of development of fine finger motor skills. You can buy ready-made manual simulators, and you can make it out of scrap materials. To cut off a dense material, simply sew a variety of fasteners (buttons, zippers, Velcro and buttons). When the child buckles and fastens, the child trains the fingers and memory, fixing the sequence of the action in his head.
If your child has the skills described above, you can exhale a little. One more step on the way to easy adaptation is made.
However, reflecting on the fact that the child entering the kindergarten should be able, do not forget about psychological readiness.
The ability to interact with other children is also extremely important, so expand your baby’s social circle, communicate more often with your peers.