What can you cook from aubergines?
What do you think you can cook fromeggplants? For example, eggplants can be fried, put out, bake in the oven. And from them you can make an unusual snack with the taste of mushrooms and even cook jam! The last two recipes for unusual dishes from eggplant are offered to you.
Marinated "mushrooms" from aubergines
- 3 large eggplants;
- 3 heads of onions;
- 1 head of garlic;
- 3 pinches of dry dill;
- vegetable oil.
- 2 tbsp. l. table vinegar (9%);
- 1 tsp. Sahara;
- 1 tsp. salts;
- 2 leaves of a laurel;
- 5-6 peas of black pepper;
- 1 tbsp. water.
- Mine and peel the aubergines from the rind and cut them into circles about 2 centimeters thick.
- Pour them a large salt and put in a colander to stack a bitter juice.
- After half an hour the aubergines are washed in cold water and, without squeezing, leave the drain for 5 minutes.
- In a frying pan, we heat the vegetable oil and in small portions quickly fry the eggplant from both sides.
- We take it out of the frying pan and leave it to cool.
- Cut half-rings with peeled onions.
- We clean garlic and cut it into slices.
- In a high pot or jar, lay eggplant and onions in layers, pouring each layer with dill and garlic. The lower and upper layers are onions.
- Fill all the boiling marinade and leave for 2-3 hours at room temperature, after which for a day we clean the eggplant in the refrigerator.
- After a day you can try the snack. But it's better to let her brew for a few more days.
Jam from eggplant
- 12 medium aubergines;
- 1.2 kg of sugar;
- 7 tbsp. water;
- 1 tsp. soda;
- 1 pinch of vanillin.
- Mine, we clean, cut in half (along) the eggplant and pierce them through a fork in several places.
- Dissolve the soda in 1 glass of hot water and add 4 more glasses of cold water to the solution.
- Eggplants put in soda solution and leave for 6 hours, after which we wash the soaked eggplants in running cold water.
- Half of the sugar is poured into the pan, add 2 cups of water and simmer the syrup for 15 minutes.
- In boiling syrup lay the eggplants and cook them for another 15 minutes.
- Turn off the heat and leave the eggplant in the syrup for 12 hours.
- Again, put the jam on a slow fire, add the remaining sugar and continue to cook for 3 more hours.
- At the end of cooking, add vanillin, stir and turn off the fire.
- We pour hot jam on the cans and cork.